The Vertical (Upright) Elite System Includes
- 2 Lift Mechanisms, Left/Right (L/R)
- 18 Lift Mechanism Springs
- 2 Lift Mechanism Safety Cover Plates (L/R)
- 1 Aluminum Foot Frame with gold label
- 1 Aluminum Head Frame
- 2 Aluminum Side Frames
- 1 Stiffener (not used in Single/Twin & King systems)
- 2 Fold Over Legs (L/R)
- 1 Leg Crossbar with end-plugs attached
- 1 pr. Velcro Straps
- 4 steel panel stiffeners for the king only
- *4 Super Springs included for the king only as the weight of the mattress is heavier
- step by step instructions & materials cut sheet.
Materials required to build the Murphy Bed Cabinetry
Single/Twin, Double/Full, & Queen Size Murphy Bed Cabinetry require 3 sheets of 4' x 8' x 3/4" furniture grade plywood. The King Size requires 4 sheets. You well also need pre-glued wood edge tape. Cut the plywood into 8 rectangle shapes, which now become the wood components for the Murphy Bed Cabinetry. Edge tape all the exposed edges with pre-glued wood edge tape. Cabinetry not included.
Murphy Bed sizes using the Regular Size Legs
- Single/Twin: 44-1/2" w x 80-1/16" h
- Single/Twin Extra Long: 44-1/2" w x 85-1/16" h
- Double/Full: 59-1/2" w x 80-1/16" h
- Queen: 65-1/2" w x 85-1/16" h
- King: 83-1/2" w x 85-1/16" h
Murphy Bed sizes using the +2-3/8" Extended Legs
- Single/Twin: 44-1/2" w x 82-7/16" h
- Single/Twin Extra Long: 44-1/2" w x 87-7/16" h
- Double/Full: 59-1/2" w x 82-7/16" h
- Queen: 65-1/2" w x 87-7/16" h
- King: Not Available
Protrusion into room with bed open
- Single/Twin: 84-1/2"
- Single/Twin Extra Long: 89-1/2"
- Double/Full: 84-1/2"
- Queen: 89-1/2"
- King: 89-1/2"
- Single/Twin: 39" x 75"
- Single/Twin Extra Long: 39" x 80"
- Double/Full: 54" x 75"
- Queen: 60" x 80"
- King: 76” x 80"
- up to 10 inches using the Regular Legs
- up to 12 inches using the +2-3/8" Extended Legs
Mattress not included. A regular coil mattress is recommended with the Murphy Bed Hardware.
Regular Size Legs
- The distance from the floor to the bed platform the mattress will rest on is 9-1/2”. This will allow for a maximum mattress thickness of up to 10 inches and 4 inches of bedding and pillows.
+2-3/8" Extended Legs
- The distance from the floor to the bed platform the mattress will rest on is 11-1/2”. This will allow for a maximum mattress thickness of up to 12 inches and 2 inches of bedding.
The fold over legs are concealed and the leg crossbar holds the mattress in place when the Murphy Bed is in the upright position.
Free shipping applies to orders shipped to the lower 48 States, British Columbia (excluding Vancouver Island) and Ontario. Deliveries to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Yukon and Northwest Territories are subject to shipping charges.
All orders ship next business day. Tracking information will be emailed and is only available once the item has been shipped. Once your order is released to UPS, you will receive a shipping confirmation with updated tracking information including a scheduled date of delivery.